IGCSE Chemistry : Code IGC09
IGCSE Chemistry Home Study Course
Key subject aims
The Edexcel IGCSE in Chemistry qualification enables students to:
- learn about the unifying patterns and themes of chemistry
- appreciate the practical nature of chemistry, acquiring experimental and -investigative skills based on correct and safe laboratory techniques
- appreciate the importance to scientific methods of accurate experimental work and reporting
- form hypotheses and design experiments to test them
- develop a logical approach to problem solving in a wider context
- understand the widespread importance of chemistry and the way materials are used in the world
- appreciate how the work of the chemist has social, industrial, technological, environmental and economic consequences for the community
- prepare for more advanced courses in chemistry and for courses which require them to have a knowledge of chemistry.
Edexcel IGCSE in Chemistry (4CH0)
A detailed description of the specification can be found on the Edexcel website:
Method of Study
Method of Assessment
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
Length of Course
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slow as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have, In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
|Send To Friend|